We are excited to announce that we have an opening for a skilled Data Scientist within our Analytics team
If you are looking to work in a dynamic, forward-thinking, and established consultancy firm, specialising in Healthcare and the Life Sciences and tailoring bespoke analytics solutions for a comprehensive list of prestigious clients, then apply here.
Data Scientist | London (Hybrid) | Competitive Remuneration | Permanent
We are a growing professional services firm with a proven record of delivering operational and clinical improvement across Healthcare and Life Sciences.
We exist to deliver tangible, measurable, and sustainable benefits in Healthcare that contribute to improvements in care and outcomes and are on track to achieve our objective of delivering £350m of measurable benefits to UK healthcare by 2025.
We deliver across three key areas of capability:
- Consulting Services – our team provide detailed assessments of value chains and capabilities to identify and implement realistic operational and transformational opportunities that do not impact on service or quality
- Analytics Services – utilising advanced analytics and data science to develop innovative solutions for the healthcare market
- Managed Services – our team in Cheshire provides the category management for Diagnostics and Laboratory Technology nationally, one of the most rapidly developing fields of medical technology
About the Opportunity
Role & Responsibilities
You will join us as a Data Scientist where you will:
- deliver data-driven research using advanced analytics, data management, statistics, and mathematical modelling concepts.
- support in analytics solution design, development, implementation, and handover in alignment with business needs.
- produce, maintain, and update relevant data requests and models across a range of projects.
- deliver the architectural design of Cloud Platforms elements in Azure Cloud, including data ingestion, data storage, automation, BI and reporting, and database knowledge.
- engage with internal and external stakeholders and collaborators and communicate complex concepts to non-technical audiences.
- propose opportunities for innovation with new tools and uses of data and models.
- develop trusted relationships with our clients, through engagement meetings, project management responsibilities and delivery leadership.
- contribute to the development of internal offerings under the guidance of senior management.
- be provided with career development opportunities and support in the training of others.
- demonstrate intellectual curiosity and creativity to thrive in a demanding but highly collaborative environment of high-performing data scientists and consultants.
- work comfortably at pace under the guidance of the team lead.
Skills & Qualifications
A good candidate will need:
- Solid capability and experience in Python programming and debugging.
- Technical knowledge of data platform, infrastructure configuration and implementation DevOps in Azure.
- Experience in managing and automating data across an organisation, using latest technologies.
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills.
- Educational background in a STEM discipline and specialisation in Data Science or equivalent specialist experience.
- Awareness of processes, systems, and BI software for collecting, analysing, and visualising data in Healthcare and Life Sciences (desirable).
- Awareness of other languages and frameworks such as SQL, HTML/CSS, Flask (desirable)
This is a great opportunity to make your mark in the healthcare space. In return you will get competitive remuneration, 25 days holiday per year, flexible working and opportunity for progression and development within an expanding team.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit their cover letter, up to 500 words, and CV, up to 2 pages, to Akeso & Company within the communicated deadline. The cover letter should outline the skills and previous experience within the industry, with particular reference to the desirable criteria outlined in the advert.
Applicants that progress to interview will be assessed on behaviours and capability via the technical interview. Applicants will have to submit their responses by email, ahead of the face-to-face interview.
Applicants considered for the role will have the opportunity to meet with Directors for a final assessment on Company fit.
Please use the subject Akeso Data Scientist Application: Candidate_Name on all communications.
Send your applications to: Debora.Salvado@akesoco.com
Closing date: Thursday 22 December 2022