We are excited to announce that our graduate-level entry roles and industrial placements are now open for applications
If you are looking to start a graduate-entry position in September 2022 (with possibility of earlier Summer start) at a dynamic, forward-thinking, and established consultancy firm, specialising in Healthcare and the Life Sciences and tailoring bespoke solutions for a comprehensive list of prestigious clients, then this one could be for you!
Central London | Competitive Remuneration | Permanent
About the Opportunity
You will join us as a Junior Data Scientist where you will:
- Support your colleagues in delivering analytics engagements covering the full project lifecycle (opportunity assessment, solution design and implementation).
- Assist in developing high quality analytics tools and communicating them to clients, including modelling tools and reporting dashboards.
- Work with a team of high-performing data scientists, providing support and pushing to develop deliverables yourself whilst ensuring data and solution quality control.
- Work with our clients from early in your career, developing relationships through engagement meetings, project management responsibilities and being responsible for components of analysis and delivery.
- Be provided with career development support from more experienced colleagues, working with them to identify development areas, set meaningful objectives and agree training requirement.
So Why Choose this Opportunity?
Akeso&Co’s Graduate Scheme offers unrivalled exposure and responsibility from the outset, a competitive salary in line with other larger consultancies and the opportunity to be part of a social and close knit team.
We are looking for confident, self-starting individuals who are curious and have a willingness to learn, an interest in Healthcare as well as the analytical skills and attention to detail to be able to contribute to analytics projects from day one. As a smaller, more collegiate firm we are seeking colleagues who want to contribute to the company beyond just project work and ensure we continue to challenge each other’s thinking and enjoy our work.
You’ll need to be adaptable and open minded about different ways of working and projects that might be outside of your comfort zone. You’ll be supporting initially but will have the opportunity to take on more. The focus will always be on delivering the best possible outcomes for our clients to unlock benefits across the Healthcare system. With freedom, trust and autonomy comes a high level of accountability, so passion and drive are important traits in our team.
What Skills Do You Need?
- Evidence of an exceptional STEM academic background (Upper 2.1 Minimum).
- Strong technical and programming skills.
- Interest in the Healthcare and Life Sciences Sector.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Personable and engaging manner with a desire to learn and grow daily.
- Postgraduate qualifications in statistics are preferred.
We are a growing professional services firm with a proven record of delivering operational and clinical improvement across the Healthcare and Life Science Sectors.
We exist to deliver tangible, measurable, and sustainable benefits in Healthcare that contribute to improvements in care and outcomes and are on track to achieve our objective of delivering £350m of measurable benefits to UK healthcare by 2025.
To apply, please send an email to Maddie Bolton (Madeleine.Bolton@akesoco.com) with a CV, cover letter and answers to the three questions below.
- Why are you interested in analytics? (200 words)
- What do you consider the top three developments / challenges in the Healthcare & Life Sciences sector to be within the next five years? (200 words)
- What three words would your friends use to describe you?
If you are a student or post-graduate currently looking for industry placements then please apply through the same process, making a note of your requirements and placement timelines in your CV and Cover Letter.
The rest of the Graduate recruitment process is as follows:
- Initial Interview: If we think that you might be a good fit, we will invite you for an interview (over the phone or one-on-one at our London office) to understand a bit more about your experience and motivations for joining.
- Assessment: You’ll be asked to complete a coding exercise and an Excel exercise prior to attending our Akeso&Co London office for an interview. During the interview, you’ll give your feedback presentation on the coding exercise, and we’ll discuss the exercises and experience. You’ll have the chance to meet most (if not all) of the team so that we can make sure that you’re the right fit for us and we’re the right fit for you!
- Offer: Once you’ve completed all the above and if you’re successful, then we’ll make you an offer!
For more information or to help answer any questions, please contact Maddie Bolton (Madeleine.Bolton@akesoco.com).