We are excited to announce that our graduate-level entry roles and industrial placements are now open for applications.
If you are looking to start a graduate-entry position in September 2022 (with possibility of earlier Summer start) at a dynamic, forward-thinking, and established consultancy firm, specialising in Healthcare and Life Sciences and tailoring bespoke solutions for a comprehensive list of prestigious clients, then this one could be for you!
Central London or Cheshire | Competitive Remuneration | No Sponsorship | Permanent
About the Opportunity
You will join us as a Junior Consultant where you will:
- Support your colleagues in delivering consulting engagements covering the full project lifecycle (opportunity assessment, solution design and implementation).
- Assist in developing high quality deliverables consisting of detailed analysis and well-structured presentations.
- Work with a team of high-performing consultants, providing support and pushing to develop deliverables yourself to ensure the quality of recommendations and solutions.
- Work with our clients from early in your career, developing relationships through engagement meetings, project management responsibilities and being responsible for components of analysis and delivery.
- Be provided with career development support from more experienced colleagues, working with them to identify development areas, set meaningful objectives and agree training requirements.
So Why Choose this Opportunity?
Akeso&Co’s Graduate Scheme offers unrivalled exposure and responsibility from the outset, a competitive salary in line with other larger consultancies and the opportunity to be part of a social and close knit team.
We are looking for confident, self-starting individuals who are curious and have a willingness to learn. Who have an interest in Healthcare, as well as the analytical skills and attention to detail to be able to contribute to a consulting project from day one. As a smaller, more collegiate firm, we are seeking colleagues who want to contribute to the company beyond just project work and ensure we continue to challenge each other’s thinking and enjoy our work.
You’ll need to be adaptable and open minded about different ways of working and projects, which might be outside of your comfort zone. You’ll be supporting initially, but will have the opportunity to take on more responsibility as you progress into the role. The focus will always be on delivering the best possible outcomes for our clients to unlock benefits across the healthcare system. With freedom, trust and autonomy comes a high level of accountability so passion and drive are important traits in our team.
What Skills do you need?
- Evidence of an exceptional academic background (Upper 2.1 Minimum).
- Interest in the Healthcare and Life Sciences Sector.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Personable and engaging manner with a desire to learn and grow daily.
In our start-up environment, we can quickly give you exposure to opportunities to take on a wider range of work and responsibility as you develop your career. To the right candidates, we will offer a remuneration package that we believe is ahead of similar packages offered by larger competitors and also perks such as private Healthcare, professional training and social events as well as a generous holiday allowance.
Our offices are Chancery Lane in central London, and Warrington. Normal circumstances would see our projects including travelling to client, however as a result of COVID-19 and due to the nature of client work, this is currently limited.
We are a growing professional services firm with a proven record of delivering operational and clinical improvement across Healthcare and Life Sciences.
We exist to deliver tangible, measurable and sustainable benefits in Healthcare that contribute to improvements in care and outcomes, and are on track to achieve our objective of delivering £350m of measurable benefits to UK Healthcare by 2025.
We deliver across three key areas of capability:
- Consulting Services – Our team provide detailed assessments of value chains and capabilities to identify and implement realistic operational and transformational opportunities that don’t impact on service or quality.
- Managed Services – Our team in Cheshire provides the category management for Diagnostics and Laboratory Technology nationally, one of the most rapidly developing fields of medical technology.
- Analytics & Data Sciences – Utilising the latest thinking in machine learning and AI to develop innovative solutions for the healthcare market.
The Junior Consultant roles offer recruiting opportunity across the Consulting and Managed Services teams. However, as we are a small organisation you will have the chance to work closely with all parts of the business.
To apply, please send an email to Maddie Bolton (Madeleine.Bolton@akesoco.com) with a CV, cover letter and answers to the three questions below.
- Why are you interested in consulting? (200 words)
- What do you consider the top three developments / challenges in the Healthcare & Life Sciences sector to be within the next five years? (200 words)
- What three words would your friends use to describe you?
If you are a student or post-graduate currently looking for industry placements then please apply through the same process, making a note of your requirements and placement timelines in your CV and Cover Letter.
The rest of the Graduate recruitment process is as follows:
- Initial Interview: If we think that you might be a good fit, we will invite you for an interview (over the phone or one-on-one at our Chancery Lane office) to understand a bit more about your experience and motivations for joining.
- Group Assessment Centre Day: We’ll invite you to our Akeso&Co Assessment Centre Day. This will include a short presentation, an excel test and a group exercise. Over the course of the day you will meet most (if not all) of the team so that we can make sure that you’re the right fit for us and we’re the right fit for you!
- Offer: Once you’ve completed all the above and if you’re successful, then we’ll make you an offer!
For more information or to help answer any questions, please contact Maddie Bolton (Madeleine.Bolton@akesoco.com).